Charleston has everything – incredible food (I went to Jeni’s Ice Cream six times in one weekend…), beautiful architecture, amazing shopping, the nicest people, and such a charming, southern feel. I am so excited to tell you what to do in Charleston – if you’re planning a trip there in the future or have been before and could add to this list, please comment below!!
Grace’s Charleston Guide
Charleston Guide: Eats
- Beech – This place is the perfect place for breakfast – I got the Avie Monkey smoothie twice and loved it. The smoothie has dates, bananas, chocolate, almond butter, cinnamon and more! They also have acai bowls, wraps/salads, avocado toast, poke bowls & juices!
- Jeni’s – Okay I actually now have an addiction to this place… after I first tried it, I immediately looked online to see where it’s sold in Fort Worth (thank you Central Market for selling this!!) because I knew I could not go long without it. As I said, I went six times during my weekend in Charleston..I’ve had some amazing ice cream in my life, but Jeni’s ice cream is the best I’ve EVER had. Really hoping they open in Texas some day!!
- Cupcake Downsouth – This place is so cute and each day they have a different gluten free cupcake. I got the pumpkin and chocolate peanut butter gluten free cupcake – so yummy!!!
- Verde – This is a College of Charleston favorite among students looking for a healthy option near by. Try one of their fresh salads, wraps, or bowls, and you will not be disappointed. I got the lentil giant bowl which tasted so fresh and amazing I had to get it twice during my trip.
- Blossom– Such an amazing restaurant, we went for dinner and absolutely loved it. I got the mahi-mahi fish tacos, which seriously were so delicious I wish I ordered more!
- Carmella’s Dessert Bar – This place has the coolest atmosphere. The cakes all looked so good, I couldn’t decide which one to get. The gluten free french toast cake basically tasted like a cinnamon roll… so good.
- Breizh pan Crepes – Gluten free crepes!!! Thank you Breizh pan for making my dreams come true!!!
Charleston Guide: Shopping
All on King Street, the most most famous street in Charleston!
- The Skinny Dip: Charleston Edition
- Blue Mercury
- Hampden Clothing
- Kate Spade
- Shoes on King
Charleston Guide: What to Do
- Rent bicycles
- Walk around the city (one day we walked 8 miles do I don’t feel bad about eating so much dessert haha)
- See Rainbow Row (pictured below)
- Take pictures by the Pineapple Fountain – a symbol of Southern hospitality
- Explore The College of Charleston – America’s most beautiful college campus!
- Go to the market & get beautiful handmade jewelry
- Go kayaking
- Visit the beach at Sullivan’s Island
Hope this Charleston guide helped!!! I encourage everyone to visit this city and experience all it has to offer. Hope you all have a happy Halloween!
Pin now, read later!